Friday, December 3, 2010

You're so nice not to say so.

So I suppose I should say thank you to all my friends around me who haven't commented on what I am going to deem 'massive amounts of weight' the past 2-3 months. Granted I haven't stepped on the scale (haven't since August actually...), but I know. It kind of sneaked up on me actually. The past two weeks or so I've felt like the proverbial butterball turkey. Not a good feeling. Its funny too, because it's not as if I've stopped working out. I still do my yoga (although I haven't this week) and I still run and I still go to the gym. So...I don't get it. Well, I guess I do. Sitting at home all day for months in a row are bound to effect you right? Stupid snacks.

It's just not a place I want to be at. I miss where I was a few years ago (hell, a few months ago was better), I've made strides, but my damn emotional eating screws it up each time. So, it's time for a jump start. I know what is good for me and what is not. What my body will let me not have, and what it demands no MATTER WHAT (Coca-Cola! woot!). I'm hoping that now that this week is over, I can get on it for at least a week or so. Get me back to eating right....

Cleansing diets are harder then Hell, but they are so good for you...well me anyway. So, next week I begin. ~I'm not going to be strict about it this weekend because I have two luncheon parties to go to (one on Saturday and one on Sunday). There is always a reason to not start up, but they are short periods. (rationalizing)

So Monday no: meat (some chicken is ok), seafood, wheat, flour, corn, carrots, potatoes, vinegar, sugar, fruits, dairy, extra caffeine beyond one Coke, no alcohol. Yes to: tuna, nuts, veggies, fish (not going to happen), eggs, water....some more water....and water. lol

There's more to it, but that is it. I am sure, due to $ there are some areas in which I will have to fail at for a bit...or just starve myself? lol but I am guessing that is a bad idea so.....

I generally don't talk about this with people in general. I might tell everyone I am working out or I am going to lose weight or something, but I don't say 'because I feel like size of 3 people,' which I currently do. Not sure how much more running I can add either. Or gym time. But its going to have to find a way for a while. Along with pilates, because I haven't done that in a long time...which may be why I think my body is much in the middle at the moment.

As always, I don't mind company sometimes when I work out. Sometimes I do, but having someone to check in with or be accountable to....it can be a good thing.

So, anyway....that is that. Not much I can do as I sit here at my desk, but get it out there. So be nice, I will be low on sugar. :p


3 comments:

  1. Not true you can't do anything at your desk. You can squeeze your butt cheeks together for some ass work. And I hear that holding your abs tight is supposed to do something, but it was too hard so I stopped. :) Just keep at girl, you are in control of your body - what goes in and what shape it's in and that means if you've decided to change it, it will happen. I know you'll bounce back ASAP because you've decided to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on my posture (somewhat impossible in this chair atm) which involved "sucking it in" if you will.
    One hopes mind over matter works. As long as I don't get upset when I see no changes in one week. lol Damn time taking time to do things!!!

    ReplyDelete