Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Simple


I'm sorry for the emotions,
That can't be kept at bay.
I'm sorry for not always accepting,
When someone doesn't feel that way.
I'm sorry that the world I live in
Is made up of what I want to see.
I'm sorry this way of living
So often conflicts with simple reality.
I'm sorry that things confuse me
That are so easy for everyone else to know.
I'm sorry that I stay subconsciously hopeful
When the world around me says no.
I'm sorry I'm not simple,
Even if you believe me to be.
I'm sorry I can't be what everyone thinks,
Because, really, that's simply me.

1 comment:

  1. Just simply be yourself and do not be sorry for who you are and how you feel. It is your own right as a human. You have a uniqueness that is you alone. Know yourself and love your life. Not easy, I know, but saying it to you and to anyone who will read this will affirm it to me too.

    ReplyDelete