Tuesday, July 28, 2009

That I may have lost something important to me

These things happen. Time pushes forward whether we want it to or not. The ideas we have in our mind as to the two ways something can turn out by our actions always leaves out the missing third and forth options.

I totally didn't see that third option.

I guess I knew it was a possibility, but none the less it is always a surprise when a relationship changes with someone. When it goes from sharing all the time to random day check-ins. When someone you spoke with everyday or met with everyday, becomes almost less than a friend and more of an acquaintance. When you wish you saw a way back, but knew there wasn't one because things are how they are. How they are supposed to be... Right?

I guess if I am going to have a up/down week with friends it is no surprise that this one got thrown in there too. I would have preferred it not be though. I'm going to miss it all, and right now, I don't have the strength to fight for it even though I want to.

This person was pretty one of a kind for me and the impact they have had on my life is almost too much to calculate. This of course makes this all the harder. So many voids that are left. I had no idea this was the road I was going down when I started it. This realization that it seems to all be lost is going to take a while to cope with.

I've never been good at mourning friendships, tends to leave such a big mark. I wish them nothing but the best in all they do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning asked where you were
For you were there with me to greet it
And I sighed as I rolled over
Telling it to ask me later
The noon day sun shone down
Ready to fill my face with its light
But I had created a cloud above me
Making it wait for the right
The evening breeze wound over
Looking to entwine us together
And I shut the door to the growing wind
Because nothing can last forever



No comments:

Post a Comment