Thursday, December 31, 2009

My reflecytion on the year OR I will NOT say 2010 will be better

Its been one heck of a year, and if I've learned anything this year, its don't say next week/month/year will be better!!! Its like a challenge to fate to screw it all up worse. Its hard, but I am just going with it. Crappy things happen and I just have to roll with them and remember that it will pass, like everything else. I am trying to keep in mind some good sayings like 'without pain and hardship, how would we know what joy is?', stop making the wrong people priorities in your life Or
"Most people treat the present moment as if it were an obstacle that they need to overcome. Since the present moment is life itself, it is an insane way to live." ~Eckhart Tolle
Over all this year, I wrote a lot, but not nearly as much as I wanted. I shared more poems then I expected too as well. (For some of them I am sorry you had to see them. lol) Its a joy of mine to write, and I am grateful that I have friends out there that encourage me. The notebooks and reminders are bigger pushes then you can imagine.

It amazes me, how at 'my age' (no, I am not OLD, just older then I was last year) how things still surprise me, hurt me, bring me simple joy. This year was a strange one for my heart and mind. Its a blessing and a curse to know that anything can effect you. lol When things effect me negatively, I wish so much that it wouldn't, but then I see how things effect me positively, and I am grateful my heart is that way. I've never been one to really actively search for someone. I sort of did once and eh. Not sure if this is something I should change or not actually, but for now, its ok. I'm in the same spot leaving this year as I was coming into it. lol Go figure.

Money is stupid, so I am not going to talk about that..other then I still say you ban UMB from your life.

My job. Oh my job. Seven years. Stayed when I shouldn't. Went through a lot. Actually took an active roll in looking for a new job. Got some interviews. Turned down a job or two. Accepted a position with a local company that I feel is going to be great. I'm excited about it. Scared about leaving a job I've been at 7 years. Sad to be leaving. Relieved to be leaving. Oh, and HAPPY. :)

Well, I am meeting friends for dinner in 30 and I still need to get ready. oops. But I also believe in 'so goes the eve so goes the year' so if I want to be writing all year..... :)
So for now, hope you all have a great New Year's Eve. Talk to you next year. Be safe and smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment