Friday, December 4, 2009

The things we think we'll avoid.

The past week or so has brought with it an added sense of 'something'. The feeling that something isn't right and something is going to happen. Its left me on edge and moody and well, emo. I tried to blame the feeling on this or that, but then I noticed the date and I knew.

It sucks when you know a day(s) is coming up and it means something else to you now. You want to replace the day with some other memory. Something else to happen that day, but in your mind you know, every year, its probably going to come up the same way. Its funny how even when we aren't thinking of things, our souls or our subconscious is. I knew this date was coming, but wasn't worried about it. Just figured I would let it pass like everything else. Guess that isn't going to happen. This weekend is sucking hard.

Thankfully, I have most of my weekend planned out for me. (Yes, this is freaking me out. lol) Something tomorrow morning, evening and then Sunday too. Full full full. But tonight....tonight I am home with my thoughts. I tried to be all crafty and ask some friends over, but I wasn't obvious enough, because out of 6 people, none of them are here. Its all good, short notice doesn't really work well. lol This does leave me here though. I already watched a movie with the boy. I feel like its 1am, but its only 8:30. If I go to sleep now I know I will be up at 3am...which will suck since I have to get up early. I could go to the gym, but I don't want to leave the boy tonight. I could get on some of my websites that I like, but I am sure I would find a way to make it all whiny. So, I will go with option one and go to sleep hella early...on a Friday night. woot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Middle of Nowhere

The road it looks so long
Stretching forever in the mind
Its hard to imagine something so stable
Just stopping out in the middle of nowhere
We see what we want to see
When the road is going smooth
Focus is lost on things around us
We don't see when new roads and detours
Start to parallel our own
We don't notice everyone else getting off
We are so happy on our simple road
That we don't see that it does end
Just stopping in the middle of nowhere









No comments:

Post a Comment