Monday, May 18, 2009

That after some time away, I realized I'm not sad, I'm sort of pissed. lol

Ugh, so last week was sort of crappy for many reasons. Work kind of hit me with something out of left field that I wasn't (still not really sure) sure how to take. I wasn't in the mood to discuss it the day it happened, I can't talk to the friend I work with,and everyone else was busy, so I was sort of stuck giving people bits here and there if they had time. lol
Thankfully a friend was able to meet up with me on Friday night and she let me talk it out. We actually took ourselves bar hopping too. lol Overall, just getting the insanity of that meeting out to someone was great. I couldn't believe how much it was just weighing me down. Seriously, I didn't need anything else weighing me down! I'm not entirely sure what my plan of action is here with work, but feeling pissed about it was a good start. lol

Another 'fun' thing was a weird email I received. Why was it weird? Ah, let me tell ya. So for the past few weeks/months I've been talking to people. No one special or anything, but eh, some of them were interesting. Now, I've not made a huge time commitment here with anyone, so this is why this was only weird instead of a full blown WTF. In the email it said something to the effect of "I'm not ready for this."
Umm? Not ready for what is what I am thinking, because I haven't even physically MET you. I do write back and ask what he means, what he means is 'be a father.' I'm sorry what? Totally not asking anyone to be one. I haven't met you, I don't even know if I want to know you, and you knew weeks ago I had a son. There was no pushing of the boy on him because God knows, my friends can agree with me on the fact, that I am often not the one to bring him up to people.
Here's the big issue with this, I don't hide the fact that I have a child. People know this when they first start talking to me. Yet the past few times I've talked/dated someone, this comes up a few weeks in as being an issue. Really? Seriously? You just realized that THIS might be an issue for you? Just slap me in the face, because that's how it feels.
Yeah, last week, this somewhat hurt...k, it still does..but seriously? Now I'm just sort of pissed about it. I can TOTALLY respect someone not wanting to date someone with a kid. Hell, I don't really want to date someone with a kid. How does this change things? I say no thanks to the ones that do. I don't waste their time OR mine. Talking to me will not make the boy go away. He's sort of here...at least until he's 18 anyway. lol

Sort of puts a damper on my plans the next few weeks, as I have a couple dates lined up. Now I am going to be wondering when I will hear that from them. Ugh.

Caroline is thinking that its hard to transition to poetry or talking about the rest of her weekend after her little tirade. lol The poetry may not happen, but otherwise she had a great weekend. She got to spend time with her family down in Joplin and watch her nephew graduate HS. She's a bit weirded out by that, because she swears he was just a kid last year. It was nice though and she is proud of him.
She also got to spend time out in the country for his party. Aww, wonderful! They had turkeys, chickens & quails. So cool. Didn't get very good pictures of them though. :( She did get some good picks of the chicks though. :)
She also got to take a nice hike through a field to a private stream. She wishes should could have stayed out there longer, but was told she could go out there sometime and camp. She might just be taking them up on that!
She's looking forward to this week. It looks like it is a bit booked, but plans always have a way of changing on her anyway. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment