Wednesday, May 6, 2009

That its been a good day, but I'm exhausted

This week has just felt weird. Think it was being sick on Monday, because I feel like its only Tuesday. The week is slipping away from me. I've been up late every night, and up early every morning, this is leading me to a very slow functioning attitude.

I've been keeping up with my 'schedule'. It really is helping to keep me focused through the week. I think that its adding to my exhaustion though, because I always add more in that I don't take note of. Like the dinner.

Spent an hour or so preparing some of the meal yesterday. Today, ran home to start the polenta, which I have never made before. As that was setting decided to make some bread to go with dinner. Still had some little straightening to do for the house (not that my friends care what it looks like anyway). Then had to prep the chicken some more. Went to grab my carrots and cucumber, and found that they did not survive the trip to my office and back. Just ran around in circles for about 3 hours.

Thankfully it all turned out well, and everyone enjoyed the food. My vegetarian friend that came eats, well, only snack food really. lol So she wasn't sure what to say about the polenta. I made enough for everyone to try it. Figured we would experiment together. :) It wasn't too bad. We all liked it a bit differently though. (one sans anything, one salt & pepper, one with the sauce..) I have plenty left over though because we were all full from the chicken, bread, potatoes and corn! Very starchy/filling meal. Dinner with friends is always awesome. :)

I believe this has sapped everything out of me though. I think now I am just going to sit back and relax and, well, start studying for the GRE. lol Yeah, my way of relaxing is weird.

Caroline's been letting her mind drift while working. So much monotonous work to do. :( Anyway, she's been thinking about things she would like to hear...but knows she won't. lol

  • The remodel is done this week!
  • Because of all your patience, all the opticians are getting a $500 bonus!!
  • I've missed you too.
  • We found this check for $5000, and its written out to you!!
  • You won the lottery!
  • Lunch, we need to do lunch...soon...and I'll pay. :)
  • Read the first part of your book, we'd like to publish it.
  • Oh him? He's...(hmm, can't think of anything REALLY bad that I want to happen to him. lol Even though I wish bad things for him...but I can't say it, seems too mean...but I wish bad things. lol Stupid/evil people deserve bad things.)
  • Your trip to Poland & Ireland & England has been booked. See ya in 2 months!
  • All the music you want is free this week!!
  • Do you want this free kitten?
  • You've been doing really well. Proud of ya!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you see the words in you mind
Or can you see the images they create
Is it free to wander into abstract
Or does it all need to fit into reality

No comments:

Post a Comment