Tuesday, May 5, 2009

That everone keeps playing with my hair..

It's weird. For the past two days, everyone (yes, exaggeration, you know what I mean!) has been playing with my hair. Its crazy. I love it, don't get me wrong. Nothing so relaxing to me as someone playing with my hair..ok, massages are good too..so I am NOT complaining. I just think its sort of weird. lol hmmm, maybe they feel my stress? Ya know, because I'm stressed...yeah, that's it. lol

I got the first few steps of the chicken Kiev done tonight. Its fun to pound the meat with my masher. lol I decided to make a tomato-basil polenta as well. I kept finding all these recipes I like with peppers, but she doesn't like peppers. ugh! But I think the polenta will go nicely with everything else being served...as long as I don't mess it up. lol

Going through my cookbook I decided I need to have a Polish night. There are some meals that are just too much for me to eat on my own, but would love to share. I took out my Polish cookbook and figured out a menu...now just have to figure out a date. Because some of these things are going to take a WHILE to prepare.

Its exciting though. I love having people over...even if I am not currently making plans with people. lol I think I may even do invites. woo hoo!! :) (And of course I looked for some good vegetarian dishes. I know who I would invite, so I know most of everyones prefences...I think.) There is a recipe or two...or four..that I haven't tried yet. I am anxous to make them. I am sure they will be tasty, but I have some other dishes that I have made so many times, there is no worries that at least SOMETHING will be good...at least to me. :p

Still so much to do before they come over. Its just a small group of friends, but they are part of the 'original' group. Ok, one of them joined us a year later but, eh. lol Sadly, one of the guys works every weekend and most weekdays, so we are going to hang out tomorrow. Its been a long time since we all have been able too. I am looking forward to it, even if it will feel a bit strange. :)

Caroline is thinking that its bizarre, that in life, you can miss something that you never had. Go figure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each push brought her closer
Each pull brought her near
The sweat on the brow
The set of the mouth
Visualizing the end
What it is all for
The twist of the arm
The stretch of the leg
Each struggle brought her peace
Each pain brought her hope

No comments:

Post a Comment