Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The clocks are a tickin'

I'm sitting here wanting to leave my house. Go anywhere. Eat something that is not in my house. Do something. See my friends. Drive. I can't though. Broken car equals home time. So I am sitting here on the couch...and I hear the clocks ticking. I don't like ticking clocks. I have only two. They are wall clocks. They are currently the loudest things EVER. All I can think of while I listen to them is how each second I get farther and farther away from doing what I want to do this month.

Last week I had a good run. Good solid four miles at a decent pace (for me). My heel hurt really bad after, so I took that Wednesday off. Which, had I known my car would break Thursday, I wouldn't have. I can't get to the trails without my car. I can't get to the gym without my car. So, I am wallowing in 'wah-ness'. Mainly because there is a race June 4th. I wanted to do it. It would have been my first. I was terrified. I figured however, if I kept up the pace of my running and pushed a bit harder, that I would be able to do it. No problem.

Now I am sitting here. Mopey. Not doing anything. I have taken a nap almost every day this week. WHAT THE HELL. I 'talk' about taking naps, I don't actually do it! I have lost all will to do shit and I am not even in a bad mood! (You have no idea how many times I almost gave up on this post.)

I worked at making something 'not' my inspiration. I think that was a bad idea. I think I need to get that back....even if it has its downfall as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment