Thursday, February 18, 2010

I like to learn, what can I say?

I have always, I don't know, prided myself on knowing a little bit of everything. Sort of like a modern day courtier. I know enough words, I listen to context, and generally I can hold my own in situations where I am not an expert. A lot of the time, this little bit of knowledge leads to a thirst for more though.

As silly as this would sound to some of my current friends, I did design/create a few websites...but it was back in '96, and after the host server was shut down, I didn't really think about it. I did know that I had enjoyed do it. With technology though, you know nothing is really the same. So many things have changed. I might as well be using 5" floppies.

Enter my new job. I am not responsible for any of that. I don't do any of that. I listen everyday though. The ease that these terms and processes fall off people's lips...its like a secret drug to me. I don't like not knowing. I want to know what they are talking about. I want to be able to hold my own. (Beyond the simple fact, that knowing this will help me do a better job.)

So today, I jotted down words that I have let pass over before. Basic words for them I am sure, but more of a wtf are they really talking about for me. I enjoyed looking it all up and learning. Granted, I would be happier talking it over with someone and 'hearing' it. Reading it all doesn't always do it for me until I see or hear it in practice. Its a slow process, and I don't expect to know it all, but I am hoping to get a bit closer to not being completely lost. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The More

The more I fight it
The more I try to ignore it
The more I try to control it
The more it just gets messed up
The more it all seems lost
The more it all seems helpless
The more I think it won't matter
The more it seems to play a part

No comments:

Post a Comment