Monday, February 22, 2010

It bothers me, what can I say?

Someone said something to me the other day and honestly, I can't forget it. Its just ringing in my ears. It hurt me to the core more then I could have realized. I don't know if it was how it was said or who it was that said it, but it hurt. I have been reeling ever since trying to make it not have any effect. To pretend that it was all ok...but it wasn't. It hurt. It was such a shocking slap to my face I don't know if I even felt it fully when it happened. There is it. I am sure, like most things, I will let it pass. I will 'forget it'. But for right now, those words echo in my head, and I just wonder if that is what people really think of me.

I know I have issues from childhood that creep up into situations such as these, where I have to wonder if I am reacting properly. If I am being overly sensitive. I think I am deciding this is a little of both.

So, if I am little quieter. A little more vague. Know, that I'll more than likely get over it soon, but for now, I am just licking my wounds.

1 comment:

  1. I almost fell off my chair when I read this. I might as well just copy & paste this into my blog lol. I won't, but this is exactly what I'm feeling. I think people let things slip a little too easily and don't really think about how it could affect you. I just wish it was easier to think, "Oh they didn't mean it to hurt like that" and get over it, but it's not.

    ReplyDelete