Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. I write a post every year about this day. Its not a post about couples. Or against couples. Or being single. Its a post against the 'commercialization' of the day.

Depending on which resource you go to, you will get a different description of St. Valentine and what he did. In nearly all of them though, its a story of him helping two people to be able to share their love. To use his goodness to help others for love. To help a family.

I take this as a simple, show my friends and family that I love them. Its not a day just for candy or flowers or cards (even if those are nice lol). Its a day to look at the people in your life and let them know you care about them. That's all.

Granted, my next post will have you questioning this, but if I know you, I care about you, and I am glad to know you and I am grateful that you are in my life.

Happy St Valentine's day. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment