Sunday, June 14, 2009

That I needed that

The past week was horrible. The past month has shaken me. This year so far has broken me down. But this weekend. Ah. Yesterday just hanging out with a friend at the pool all day and then with another just watching a movie was a nice breath of fresh air. But today, today I got to chill out on a beach with some friends. Two days of low stress...I don't know what to say.

I think I laughed with no repercussions or second thoughts more today then I have in a long time. I know part of what has been bugging me, and honestly, there isn't much I can do about it. I'm not even sure talking about it with anyone would make a difference. Today however, for most of it, I didn't have to deal with it. I got to relax and
laugh and smile. I totally needed that. I need more of that. Sort of wish it didn't have to end, because as soon as I got home a lot of it hit me again. (I also noticed while working out that I did hit my tailbone on that stupid pipe. lol ouch!)

I am hoping that there can be more time spent on the beach with friends. Or camping. Or going on float trips. It takes a lot to get me to want to go to parties and bars and such most of the time, but offer me a trip outside and I am there.

Thanks to my friends that had the great idea. I can't thank yo
u enough for the great afternoon. Really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I have Abba's Dum Dum Diddle running though my head right now. It makes it very hard to write poetry when this song is going through your head. omg seriously, I can't make it stop!! lol)

The dreams that you often said you had
Never seemed to betry that you were feeling sad
I kept an open ear to all that you said
And no matter the absurity, I ate what you fed
I never realized the truth would be so hard to find
That you kept it all locked up in your mind
Or could it be that I ignored the signs
And constently redrew all the lines
Created a world that only I could understand
While never offering you a safe place to land




1 comment:

  1. I needed that too. It was an awesome day and I'm thankful for you guys. It was amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete