Sunday, June 14, 2009

That I should have used sunscreen at least

It was a rather good day. I was treated to a random trip to town today from an old friend/co-worker.She came down from MN to visit for a few days and I had time to get to hang out with her. She has a son around Patrick's age so we decided to take them to the pool. It was a public pool...but it was like a small neighborhood pool around where she lived (her sister still lives there). It was like the pool you see in The Sandlot. :)

Getting ready to go and meet her it was very cloudy. When I got there, it was very cloudy. Seeing as how my legs never really tan and I had my base tan down, I wasn't too concerned and, well, stupidly decided I didn't need any sunscreen today.The clouds parted though soon after we got to the pool....
Sadly, I was wrong...


No worries though. It looks bad, but it has already lost some of its 'angry' look. lol I will have to deal with the fact that the right side of my body is significantly redder then my left. ..Even my face. ugh. My legs actually got some sun too, so that is a good sign for the legs. So weird how our bodies take in the sun and which parts take it in faster or more resilient.

Conveniently, there is no one I need to impress, so I am safe for a while. woo hoo!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who can say what will make a heart sing
In each individual way
A smile, a nudge, a tree, a star
A simple poem, or anything
The unexpected is always welcome
The known should always stay
As long as its joy they bring

No comments:

Post a Comment