Saturday, June 20, 2009

That its been a weird but good road...

Wow the past few days have been filled. Wasn't expecting that when I got to it. All in all I got to spend some good times with my family, friends and new friends.

I generally get a wee bit nervous around Father's day because, well, I love my dad to death and the boy's bio is just that, a bio, so its uncomfortable for me. I think this year went rather smoothly though. We took the folks out to a baseball game on Friday because my dad went out of town for a conference Saturday and won't be back for a few more days. It wasn't a major league game or anything, but oh man, it was fun. And CHEAP! lol All the seats are good too. It was the boy's first game. Think he tapered out at the end in caring, but he was all about trying to figure out what was going on. Perhaps if I watched baseball more often he would know these things but...idk. lol

Saturday was one of my friend's annual parties. Generally they hold it on Midsummers, but this year they did it on the Solstice. Although we are still calling it Midsummers. lol Its what we do. Lots of camping and drinking and randomness. I will say, for all intesive purposes, this year's was tame. There were no major injuries to speak of...and well, that's not as common as you'd think. (If you knew one of the guys, you would understand.) I finally did something that was 2 years in the making. Still not sure how to take the results, but at least I can say I did it. lol Yes, it was cryptic, and shall remain so.

Sunday I was asked to come play a doubleheader of softball with some friends. I hadn't TOUCHED a softball in I don't know how long. Thankfully I was put in right field. Sadly, my first time out the ball came to me and when I was throwing to 2nd, it kind of...well...only went midway and then came crashing to the ground. Must of thought I was bowling. My batting was better. I hit the ball at least each time. Its a C league though, so the team isn't really all that concerned with winning, and although I can be competitive, I really wasn't worried. I was having fun and it was hot. I said I would play again on Sunday. Anyone else want to play? lol It's a co-ed team. :)

Caroline is thinking that perhaps a friend was right. Perhaps there are some things that just need to be done sometimes. But she is worried about her mindset on some things that have come up lately. She doesn't seem to care or have that emotional...attachment?...that she usually does with these sorts of things. She's actually a bit worried about that. Thankful overall...but worried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So slowly she lays down
Reluctant to give in
To the chance of either
Dreamless sleep leaving her empty
Or nightmares cast as dreams
With promises of what won't be
The space around her void
Of any other being
Yet filled with the thoughts
That won't let her be

No comments:

Post a Comment