Friday, October 23, 2009

drama, oh drama

To say this week didn't have its share of drama would be a sad understatement. There, that is actknowledged.

Everyone has those things that bug them. Everyone has that moment where 'son of a bitch I have had enough'. Everyone has those things, that for reasons completely illogical to anyone else, either makes them mad, cry or crazy. Everyone. I would love to say that we should all just not have any drama in our lives but..really? Who would I be kidding? That would never happen.

Not just due to the simple real fact that we are all human. We all have things we mess up on. We all have different opinions. We all have things we wish others hadn't seen, read, heard, or believed. Believe me, these things are just as valid as then next thing I will mention, but I don't think its all of it. Because honestly, we could, in the right frame of mind, ignore most, if not all of this. Think of how much of that you do everyday. We learn to get along with others.

We all need some drama though. All of us.

Think of how boring and mundane your life would be if nothing ever happened to you or those you knew. Sure there are other things to talk about, but not talking about how you feel about things makes you no different then A, B, C, D, etc. We as people need some 'drama' in our lives.

Some more than others.

This does not make all drama right or wanted. Seriously, some people can't let go while others can't avoid. We will all fall to one side or another every once in a while, we are human! However, there are those that are always in the midst. There is always something going on. There is always some broken glass to walk on around them. I am sure, when you read that, you pictured someone in your mind. (I could hope its not me, but who knows, you may think I am a drama queen. Its your right to I suppose. ) These are the people I am working in my life to distance myself from. Its the crazy drama, the un-needed drama.

There is a girl I work with. She needs drama. She creates major drama when there is nothing else. Either makes it up or makes horrid choices to create it. I've know her for a few years now and I used to talk to her all the time. She would come to me with this outlandish 'made for TV' type of senirio and ask for advice. No matter what anyone said, she always took the opposite road of what was suggested. It made for more drama.

About 11 months ago, we had agreed for her to do me a favor and watch my son so I could meet someone. Around 6pm that night, she started texting me with craziness. Random thing she made up in her mind. After a bit I even started just letting her have her way, but she didn't stop. Over and over and over. Needless to say I never got to go out that night and well, I think some things in my life might be a bit different. Needless to say, I saw in that moment that she was a drama needer. Yeah, I made up that title. She needed it. She had to create some and then she had to keep it going. (I had stopped texting her by 8, she continued till round 1am...and then kept it going all weekend bringing other people into it.) I don't need drama needers in my life. I stopped talking to her that week, and haven't looked back. I will answer her queries and be poliet, but that is where it stops. I don't need someone's need for drama effecting my life.

I see her trials of drama every few weeks. Its always something more outlandish or stupid. Its attention and something to talk about...and its stupid. Yeah, I believe that we all need a wee bit of drama in our lives, but you should be able to talk about something else.

Small drama I can deal with. Big, effect my life 'for real' basis though, no. I have no need for it. I have no need for someone dragging me into drama every other day or even saying I am bringing drama. (There are some things that will always stay with you, that no matter what you want, that issue will be on your mind...I don't consider that drama.) Everyone has their bad days, everyone needs to be able to express how they feel, I understand and allow it, I need to be allowed mine too.

On that note, I am done with big drama. It was a weird week. Unhappiness at the beginning that by Tuesday, I had internalized and moved on from. From there others rumors spread and more things were said at work and with friends. Its like a big ball of unhappiness in my stomache. I don't like anyone being unhappy. (Well, currently there are two people in the world I wish any unhappiness towards and 99% chance they are not reading this blog.) I want to forget a lot of what I heard this week, I probably can't, but I am going to try, because being angry and hurt about it doesn't help me...and that is just more drama for me to deal with. (I don't deny some people the right to be hurt. Omg no, you do.) Really though, I am seeing all the adults around me acting like JrH people. Stop. Please. Grow up and lets all move on ok? ...and yes, I fully acknowledge that at times I like to water the drama tree, but I try to keep it short and 'sweet'.

On to an awesome weekend! I know we can do it!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Heart Can Do It Better

The camera doesn't remember

The picture perfectly
The eye can do it better
The mind doesn't remember
The casual conversation
The heart can do it better




2 comments:

  1. It's important to be juvenile once in awhile, recognize it and then go do something else. It keeps your skin glowing ;).

    Football, party, sleep, and a movie? What isn't going to be awesome about this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes. :) lol Just if we do it too long we act juvenile right? lol Ah well.

    And yeah, awesomeness planned for this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete