Monday, October 19, 2009

That again, hindsight is 20/20

So, I am not sure where to go with this one. Honestly, it shouldn't matter at all, but it does. It always sucks finding out a 'different' side of a story about something down the road. You've had it in your mind to think of a situation in one light. You relate to it based on what someone told you. It doesn't necessarily have to be a big thing either, but its how you remember.

What really sucks is to find out that the truth wasn't really told you way back when. That some truths were left out. That what you thought was going on, really wasn't.

This happened to me last night. Its not a BIG thing. It doesn't effect anything now really, but...I don't know. Its like a retroactive slap to the face. It makes you question things, all things, when you find that something like that was misrepresented to you. You wonder what else, what else could have been 'left out' of a story or changed? I am trying not to let this drive me mad. I am trying to not let this get me mad. For the love of Pete this happened months ago.

But here I am and let me tell you, I don't want to be here. Because for the first time, I was actually pissed. Good ol' pissed. Still a bit pissed actually. I'd been 'lied' to. Believe me, I have been going through my head trying to see if maybe I misplaced some details in my memory. That can happen. But...yeah.

I could talk it out, but it seems silly to do so now, so I choose to just let it out on here. Besides, not sure I could without sounding stupid/whiny/crazy/'enter-bad-adjective-here'.

I guess overall its one of those things that just irks/hurts. Stupid past coming up to slap me when I'm not looking. :( Bah. This too will pass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not Like a Book

The answer was there
But you didn't want to look
You didn't want to care
Life was to follow like a book
The answers a simple black and white
The hero to save the day
Everyone knows how to put up the fight
The heroine knows what to say
Books are written from dreams
They are fueled on imagination
Life doesn't follow those simple themes
Nor bow to your heart's creation
You need to look around you
You need to find the truth
You need to face what was really true
Even the things that were uncouth



No comments:

Post a Comment