Wednesday, August 12, 2009

About making choices

Currently the desire to run to the store and buy a pint of ice cream (with the purpose of only eating 1/4th of it of course) is damn near overwhelming. Ice cream is my comfort food for all seasons. Sick, worrisome, angry, depresses, happy...all better with ice cream. Or at least somewhere in my life I associated that with it. I would really rather not blow my entire run tonight with eating ice cream...even if it would make me feel better. lol

Why do I need ice cream? Only because my mind won't simply shut up. It keeps going over things over and over and over. It is forcing me to think of new strategies and such. Its telling me I have some choices to make. I hate making choices that involve me personally. Mainly because when it involves me and my personal life, I choose poorly. Even when I am SURE I am choosing right.

Is it any wonder that I have issues with this?

Caroline is thinking that she would rather things just work out for her for once so she didn't HAVE to make choices. That the right thing would just fall in her lap. Ok, so she probably wouldn't appreciate that as much as something she has to fight for...but she wouldn't mind fighting a fight for something that was going to work out for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journeys back home
Have a way of distorting
All of the memories
That we hold
With the changing
Of our perspectives
Comes a change in our eyes
That makes the past
More surreal and made up
Memories have to be
Defended against imagination
Forgotten hopes
Take passing looks
Into our visiting soul
Journeys back home
Have a way of distorting
All of our memories
But they also
Show us hope
Of all those still to come


(To my friend traveling back home this weekend, have fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment