Tuesday, August 11, 2009

That school starts tomorrow

It seems like it was a pretty short summer to tell the truth. Granted, I didn't have any time off, but its like he just got out of school...and now he's going back.

Parts of me are happy because this means I can get back on my schedule. I can get things done at lunch again. And maybe, just maybe, when I clean the house, it will stay that way for at least a day. lol

Its the 5th grade though. I REMEMBER the 5th grade. I didn't seem like that long ago to ME. So this is weird. He's growing up and all I can think of are all the things I haven't taught him or that he hasn't experienced yet. 7 more years and he is done! That's just pure crazy talk there. Ugh

Here's another thing though, my son is not like me. He doesn't like school, pretty much at all. Recess and gym are not strong enough incentives for him to want to go. Friends either (because you can't just play with them all day, you have to do work!). On this note, I do feel a bit for him, school is not for everyone. However, the literary side of me is screaming for joy because he will be at least forced to read and learn and experience. Who knows, maybe he will come around and end up liking school too. It took me a few years to like it....

School also brings for me, that added stress of 'what am I doing wrong now.' I'm not a stay at home mom. I work. A lot. And I have a shitty schedule. So its me. My parents, God love em, help as much as they can but...idk, I always feel its not enough. That and I am still not used to public schools at all and they are totally bewildering to me. lol

Ah, guess we can cross that bridge when it gets here right? Otherwise, the boy and I had a good talk tonight about school. He's nervous about it. I hope I talked him down. All the new supplies are at school waiting for him along with his new teacher, who seemed nice. Hoping for a good start to the year. Please God let it be a good year. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The eyes said so much
That the mind didn't
Know how to say
The hope and fear
The questions
A simple turn of the head
Made it all clear
And that's when a hug
Said what the heart
Didn't know how to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment