Monday, March 30, 2009

It was a bit of disappointment, but one will survive

My brother moved this weekend..ok, he's still sorta moving, he has another day. But because of this, Sunday brought a lot of driving. He doesn't live in the same town as me, about 45 min. No big woop on the highway. But he moved somewhere that will be about an hour. Yes, yes, its only 15min or so, but I have to go through downtown KC pretty much to get there. Annoying.

Anyway, I was awoken Sunday to my parents asking if I wanted to go with them out to see his new place. Sure I say..ok, not really, I was ASLEEP. There was a lot of yeah, what? hmmm ok. now?! ok. fine. My dad wanted to have fun with his GPS so we went the 'long' way. Why this sounded like a good plan, I don't know. We got there and his place was pretty nice, just a shame it was so far.

Now I had told him a month ago that I would clean his old place. I have done apt/townhome cleanings before, so I kinda know what crazy little things property places look at to charge you. Besides, I love my brother so I would have done it anyway. Here's the odd thing, I don't really like cleaning so much...but cleaning OTHER people's places...idk, there is a freedom in it. :) But, as you recall, I went on an hour drive to see his new place, then had to drive all the way home. And then drive all the way out to his old place. Crazy amount of road time.

Not an important part of the story, but I spent a few hours cleaning his place. Think I got all the little details. I hope I did anyway. Thankfully, he had a copy of his lease there so I could make sure I hit all the places that they acknowledge they look/charge for.

Saturday, because of the snow/ice stuff, I stayed in and an in town friend came over and we watched two of the movies that we had REALLY wanted to see when they were in the theaters. Australia and Quantum of Solace. The Bond movie was actually a bit of a disappointment really. The theme song was even lacking in that 'Bond appeal'. I was sort of glad I actually missed it in the theaters now. Australia however...there were a few moments where my screeching made me glad I wasn't in a theater to share my anxiousness and suspense, but would have been NICE to see Hugh Jackman taking an outside shower on big screen. lol What? lol

Caroline's been thinking that its weird when someone is doing the same thing you are somewhere else. Meaning, while she was watching Bond, she received a tweet from someone (she knows not where they were exactly) who was also watching Bond. Then later that evening, going through tweets, she saw that someone else had been watching it to. This all leads her to what she used to wonder about a lot. With all the people in the world, how many are doing EXACTLY what you are right now? That random movie/show/song you like to listen to that none of your friends like...does someone else have it on right now like you do? And isn't that just weird? Or maybe its just her that thinks it it. lol


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From your window you can see it

The flickers of light in the distant
So quickly the wind brings it closer
Surrounding you in the energy and sound
The power of the event can't be denied
Both frightening and empowering all at once
The strength of all around you
Makes it hard to let go of the door
The rumbling encompasses your body
Moving your soul to just enjoy
And then the wind pushes on
With no 'by your leave' from you
It just passes by
Taking no notice of your broken smile
The clouds bring their power to someone new
The gentle rains fall
You notice that you had let go of the door long ago
And now you stand under dark clouds
Letting the water drench what is left

No comments:

Post a Comment