Wednesday, March 18, 2009

That medicine may actually help when you are sick. Go figure

I deserve so much crap for slacking on ALL my blogs. I kind of want to slack today too...and I sort of will. lol I have some pics/stories/blah blah interesting stuff that I want to share...but I am still in the 'I'm sick so I don't have to really do anything I don't REALLY want too' mood. I think I'll be back on track totally next week...I think.

Last week it felt like I had been punched in the eye and I couldn't stop coughing and I was frickin' tired of being sick. So I broke down and called the doctor. TOTALLY was prepared to hear 'Yes, you are sick, just let it run it's course" when I got there. Was...not so much HAPPY to hear the I had an infection (woo hoo) but sort of made the trip worth it. lol Anyway, they prescribed 2 different drugs for me and recommended one. I took them up on those. I am still coughing a bit, but I can feel my head and my throat doesn't scare me so much anymore. I MAY actually be able to function like a 'normal' human soon. Weird how that worked.

Caroline is thinking that some people are SO flippin' stupid! She went to pick up her medicine. TWO prescription drugs. Wants some medicine that is non-prescription, but is behind the counter. Person checking her out at the pharmacy asks for ID, (ok, so Caroline's ID is sort of expired...and might have lost her DL a few months ago...maybe...but we wouldn't want to say that here even if she did) the lady then says 'This is expired'. OK...and??? Then proceeds to say that she can not sell the NON PRESCRIPTION drugs to Caroline, but here are the prescription drugs for her. WTF? Seriously? Totally pissed...but Caroline was sick and miserable, so she said nothing...well there might have been some eye rolling. Bah, people!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far from where I started
The choppy waters of life
Drag and pull
Bringing me on adventures
That I do not always want to go on
But each evening I have a special reprieve
Like a magical teleporter
My vessel is brought to you
You are my safe harbor
The long days that appear on the horizon
Lose some of the biting spray
When the knowledge that in the evening
The safety of your arms will hold me still

No comments:

Post a Comment