Monday, March 9, 2009

That I may live yet...

Ok, so I am still coughing (and its just retched) and my nose decided to drive me to insanity today BUT I was able to do things yesterday, work today AND workout finally, and I am still alive. I don't feel like I am going to die. I may want to try and go to sleep early tonight though, the workout could kick me in the ass.

So like I said, I was able to go for a walk yesterday. Now, Saturday it had rained here (lots) so I decided to take the safe walking trail (not in the forest). That and I wasn't sure how far my lungs would take me. Now, it was around 48 outside. The coldest day in at least 4 days of course. Very sunny however. Not too strong of a breeze, and if you stood facing the sun, it was the most comfortable of temps and feelings. Ah. Ok, so midway through my first lap I had to stop on the bench and that was all I did, closed my eyes and felt the sun wash over me and back at me after it had fractured on the pond.

Anyway, so like I said it had rained, so there were parts of the path that were
underwater. No big deal for me, I can see the shallow parts and I have my walking shoes on. I come to one area where I hadn't seen anyone go because of the puddles on the path. In between the puddles I come across a snake. Not a big snake, but still a snake. When I got close it sort of pulled back like it would strike if I tried getting a closer look. I can normally tell what snakes are, but I couldn't really with this one. I got a pic...
Probably a garder or something, but I don't take chances with baby snakes since they can be worse then adults. Which makes me wonder...young snakes already?! This one's folks got to work early. Must have liked those warm Feb days we had. It was just weird to see one, and see it on the path. Last time I saw one here was a few years ago, it was a big one, but it was by the edge of the pond looking for frogs.

Caroline is thinking that she wants to write a blog about the $13 a paycheck 'stimulus' package that will start in April...but she still wants to learn more. She also possibly wants to really think about what $13 more a paycheck could do for her. Few drinks? lol She'll get back to you on this. ...and she is thinking spell check abandoned her. bah!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lightning struck with such presition
And with such force
There was no way to ignore what it had done
Blackened and bare
Laid open for people to see
So powerful what nature can dish out
And yet such an act brings
Fresh new life
The scar will heal
And a new beauty will imerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment