Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not a bad day, if you leave off the procrastinating

So today the BIG WINTER STORM was supposed to hit my town. Now, granted, it still could, but at worst, there were little ice pellets that fell from the sky and melted on impact. Not that this fact stopped people from acting stupid in both driving and acting like we would be holed up in our houses for days and days. lol Ah well.

I get to work Saturday morning...(that would be in less then 7 hours) so for my 'reward' I get a half day off. Friday was the day. So I left a little after 1. Happily I got to meet a friend downtown for sushi. She is sort of new to it, and its been fun getting her to try new things...as I myself am still trying to try new things. lol We have the basics down though. It worked out perfectly too because it is Lent, and I am Catholic, and although I am sort of messing some of the things I wanted to do over these 40 days, I can at least try to refrain from meat on Fridays.

I don't always get to hang out with this friend because our schedules are both weird, but I love it when I do. She is honest, and not judgmental...weird, lots of my friends are like that. lol Maybe that's why I keep them around. Anyway, we were talking about work and friends in general, and she somewhat shocked me when she told me that I have a friend that I needed to have space from...and she had no idea how I could do it. lol I totally could see it, and I, being the loner I am, know I need space, I just didn't see some of my other friends annoyed by them. oops. lol It was nice to sit and chat for a while and not have to bring up this or that, there is always something new to talk about with her, I love it. :) Ok, I have lots of friends like this too...but it was nice for TODAY. geeze.

I went home withthe intention of working on my book. Which I did...but I also pissed my time away playing on Twitter, and then assured myself I needed a quick 30 min nap...which turned into 40...then 60...then 90..then 100. lol I love me some nap. After that, it was harder then hell to get up and do anything, but I knew I needed to because I was supposed to be at a friend's house at 8 and she lives out of town. I opened up my notes to write...and saw someone had done a quiz on Facebook...I haven't done one in a while and I decided that I am not on Facebook enough, so I will grant everyone joy by doing it. lol It took FOREVER. So long in fact, that I was a little late leaving my house.

Went to watch KU play at her house. Good times...until KU lost. :( They played well though, and as all the other fans are saying (to cover up the pain) we didn't even expect them to get that far the way they started out the season. So good job guys.

Tomorrow is going to be a full day. No idea why I am not sleeping right now. Hoping the weather isn't too bad so my friends can still come hang out with me. ....drink with me. I have totally drank too much this year.

Caroline is thinking (and thus jinxing) that there won't be some big winter storm. Generally the more hype there is, the less the storm is in this town. If we all ignored it, we would definately have a few feet. Granted, its cold and windy and sorta rainy, but she really thinks that the "Lawrence weather bubble" will keep it all at bay...which sort of sucks. She was hoping for at least a bit of bad weather so work would be slow. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We run so fast for that which we think we want
Towards that which we think we need
We see those things and people that we feel will complete us
That will connect to us in ways others will not
Not ever thinking that that which we imagine to be so great
Is what we should have been running from the whole time

No comments:

Post a Comment