Friday, March 27, 2009

That some people don't know you at all

I've always thought of my life like a puzzle. Not that I am tricky to figure out..even if I am sometimes. I mean in the way that no one in my life really gets to see the whole thing. There are usually parts I keep. I may share this piece with A, but not with B, but B sees this piece, and A doesn't. I've always been like this. I spread it out. There are some that have seen a pretty good chunk, but no one sees it all.

Not sure if this is because, even though I have some great friends, I don't trust anyone enough for that. Guess its a 'scar' from childhood. You learn...and sometimes you can't unlearn.

Caroline thinks lots of people are like this. No one sees it all. After time you may find one person to share it ALL with, but I think everyone holds back something. This causes people to assume they know you, but they are missing some key part(s).

Those that know you for long periods of time will undoubtedly get to know you better. They will see changes in you if there are some. Changes in thinking or whatnot. Those are also the ones, that when they see you changing, will always take you in. They know your good and bad after the long haul, and they are still around, and when you stray from your beaten trek, they will always take you back in.


She thinks, sure, you can think that is sorta sad that no one knows all of her...but if you had seen what she's seen, experienced what she has, known who she's known...you wouldn't question it. You'd be shocked at the few people she's let in and not shocked when she blocks them out. To quote Ben Folds, " You don't know me at all."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day passed slowly
With thoughts drifting in and out
Nothing seeming to stay
All doubts made their entrance
Trying to make something stick
All hopes paraded through
With a quick bow to reality
The ugly and beautiful ideas
Danced a myriad of moves
Never leaving the soul or mind alone
But not hastening the day either

No comments:

Post a Comment