Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Doesn't even know what to say right now...

Caroline was all well and good...and then she had to go and read a book. Within this book were 5 sentences that, well, knocked her on her ass. She's had everyone around her telling her the same thing...yet she didn't believe any of them. But there it was, in print, all that they had said. This author doesn't know Caroline. Hasn't heard her story, but there are the words. Caroline isn't feeling very special or unique right now. Her story is like all the others. Caroline is thinking that she has been playing the fool. Perhaps oblivious to everything, and she is usually the master of the obvious...ok, sometimes. Somewhat annoyed at herself. (You need to realize how flipping hard it is to stay in 3rd person. lol)

If she had read this chapter months ago...who knows. She's been feeling so good this week, and this sort of taints it. Doesn't change much, but taints it. Bah.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry I was so oblivious
To what you were trying to say
Perhaps you were just looking for a way out
Or a nice way to back away
You've never shied from that possibility
I think I've been reading it all wrong
I'm missing what is right in front of me
And what I should have seen all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment