Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reunions and goodbyes

I've always loved seeing old friends. There is some strange excitment when you get to see one after a long time has passed. Be it because your lives are so hectic you can't find a day that works or because long distances have seperated you.

With all the social sites available now, I have rekindled friendships with many friends I hadn't spoken to in years. Albeit, taking over these sites is fun and brings us closer, the true excitement comes with I actually get to see them.

My class in HS was relatively small (16 to be exact) so needless to say, we were all pretty close. Of course we all went our separate ways after graduation..but we kept in touch. It was sort of a joke to gather at the yearly reunions our school held. For our 5th year, we had all planned on traveling in and meeting up. A few people ended up passing on it and said they might come for the 10 year. Sadly, the next year one of my classmates died in a car wreck. He was a good friend and had I not gone to that reunion, I would have never had that last chance to laugh with him. With such a small class, I sort of made keeping in touch with at least my classmates a somewhat personal thing. It scared me. As the class secretary (woo hoo) I have been told that it will be my ETERNAL duty, to plan reunions and the like for us all to meet up, so we don't ever have to regret not seeing each other. It's about time for me to start planning again and I can't wait.

On the other side, I have a few friends moving this year. The not knowing when I'll get to see them again is a bit hard and I worry that Facebook and MySpace won't be enough.

Caroline is thinking that she TOTALLY went on some tangents in this blog. lol She is also thinking how happy she was to see some old friends this past weekend and she is excited/sad to say goodbye to another one on Saturday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fibers that get woven into our lives
Seemingly without any effort
Are always the most surprising to find
And the most difficult to try and dislodge
Unsure of how it got there
Unsure of how you became dependent on it
Unsure of whether to keep it or not
Its as if looking back,
You can't see the fabric of your life
Without this new fiber or color



You didn't mess anything up
For there is nothing going away
That you would miss
There really was no other way
for this to go
Sadly, it is something that deep down
you did know
Its foolish for me to try and deny it
You can't miss what was never there
So you didn't mess anything up



The embrace was all that was needed
As it blocked out all that was wrong
Warm cushions protecting against
Any intrusions from the world
Free to breath deeply and calmly
The support relieving all burdens
How long can I stay protected in these arms


No comments:

Post a Comment