Thursday, February 5, 2009

The grass is always greener

The saying is so cliche...but so true.

Today I had lunch with two good friends. Lately, I've been thinking about, well, how crappy life is sometimes. Woe is me and all that. I see my friends happy relationships or new jobs or whatever and get a feeling of 'fuckdamnshit!'. Yeah, yeah, not very friendship-like. I'm happy for them and all but still... And then I hear the issues. House this... Bills this.... The man snores.... We had another fight.... They are driving me crazy... And somehow, my life seems good to them. Not so much to me still lol, but better. So flippin' bizarre the things we think we would trade off for someone else's life.

Caroline is thinking that everyone has issues, they just don't always share them. Regardless of how it looks, no one's life is that perfect...and if it is, somebody should do something about it. :P Kidding. ....maybe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Empty
I don't think I have any more
Each day it starts the same
But each one ends like the one before
The vessel emptied once again
Of what I wasn't aware was even there
Can there be a negative amount of feeling
That continually alters what makes me care



The cold slowly creeps
Swirling around the pockets of warmth
Keeping close to the walls
And reaching it's fingers in


No comments:

Post a Comment