Monday, September 28, 2009

Ideas for me

I sent out an email to a few friends a few days ago. Friends from all aspects of my life. With all different sorts of experience. I wanted some advice, and thankfully they gave it.

I like to cook. I like to cook from scratch. I like to cook from scratch those things you don't get everyday. I love to share these foods with people. This past year I have enjoyed cooking a few meals for my friends. At these events people jokingly (or at least I took it that way) told me I should start a restaurant and cook. Granted, that is actually one of my dreams..not to cook, but to have a restaurant, you should see me plans. :)...but that will be a while before I get some things settled.

The past couple weeks though I have had a few people ask me to make them some of the food I make.
A few of them even offered to pay me. woo hoo for that. (Polish pierogies, cabbage rolls, bacon fry....and if someone has any pics of the food I made for Polish Night, I would love to have copies of them...please? :) )

So, I was thinking, since I enjoy doing it, and I don't HAVE to do it, maybe I could sell some of this food to people. This was the question I posed to my friends, if they thought it would be a good idea or if it sounded stupid.

I was surprised to get resounding yes-es from all of them! (Yes that it was a good idea! lol) They also helped me make some of my concerns/issues concrete so I can work on ways to resolve them. (Few of those issues being how to sell it i.e. fresh or frozen, and how do people reheat them so they still taste good, how do I want to package it, and how will I want to price it.) I did learn that in the city/county I am in, I won't need to get a special license or permit (which I figured I might, and who knows, maybe if I do ok at it I will get one).

So I am sort of excited by this. Yeah, its something else on my plate, but I want to keep adding things to my plate that I really enjoy...and by all means, if I can earn money by doing this, all the better! So thinking in the next few weeks, I may be making some food and testing it out...which means I'll have extras..which means I'll need to share it with people!! lol More game nights!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On an unrelated subject, I think I broke one of my toes! I don't know how, but it HURTS. SoB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Bit Farther

It starts out so simple
The distance in your head
The path right in front
One foot in front of the other
One breath after another
Houses and people
Get passed by
Then the way gets harder
And you struggle to keep up
You force yourself to look ahead
You know the end will come
You know you can make it
Just a bit farther


No comments:

Post a Comment