Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Is that its like getting called to the big leauges

Ok, well maybe not that much, but in a week (ok, possibly months) of shitastic events in my life, this one is kinda cool.

I've been bowling with the some of the same women for over 8 years. One of them used to bowl pro. She's very nice and very good. My average on the team has either been 2nd or 3rd out of the 4/5/6/7 of us (we have changed team mates a few times). However, she has never chosen me to be her doubles partner in any tournaments. She has always chosen the woman that she's known the longest. That's fine with me, but sometimes I felt that wasn't the best pairing..especially since it left me bowling with someone 20/30/40 pins below my average. (not so good in the tournament.)

Anyway, she looked at the book averages from last year and it worked out that it would be best if I bowled doubles with her. This made me happy. She is competitive as all get out, but, idk, think it would be fun to have a chance...

Tonight I also see that she wants to win. First, she gave me a new bowling ball. Yeah, that's right. A nice one too. (For reasons I won't go into, she got it for free, so she didn't spend money.) Which I thought was awesome. But she totally wants me to get it drilled soon so I can start practicing with it. lol That, and for the first time in a long while, she offered me advice on my approach. Its hard to see what you are doing wrong sometimes, and thankfully she told me. I can totally use this advice and hopefully improve my game.

I am overly excited by this. lol Its like being picked first or something. Granted, it doesn't mean much...but I was chosen. And I think I needed that. I needed to be the one chosen over someone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The misty air
Surrounds the light
In the darkness
To simply stare
Forgetting the fight
Dulling the pain and starkness
So few will know
The simple beauty
Of the cloud
Made present below
Naure's done its duty
To distract by not being loud

No comments:

Post a Comment