Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm not really a hypocondriac

I used to always think I was sick. I usually felt sick. But everyone always told me I was fine. Its probably why I feel like a hypochondriac now. I would have this symptom and that symptom, but nothing really concrete. I was sure (not sure if I don't still believe it) that I had some disease that they hadn't discovered yet. One day, they will figure it out and then 'poof' I'll be better. Granted, overall, there isn't anything really wrong with me. Just annoyances here and there to my health.

Then one night, while watching the Golden Girls this episode came on. Dorothy was sick and the doctors couldn't help her. They told her nothing was wrong with her. In the end of course she did have something wrong with her. I had forgotten most of the 2 part story line, but I always remember this scene. Made me feel a bit less crazy. lol

A few years ago I told my doctor that I hadn't been feeling well and she said next time I come in I should bring a list of everything with dates. I did. I filled two pages. I brought them with me. She looked at it, said what is this. I told her everything that I had been feeling. Then she just shuffled it away. Again, granted, maybe there was nothing wrong with me. The way my troubles were dismissed, however, somewhat pissed me off. Obviously it bothers me if I wrote it down. At least take the time to LOOK at it.

So yeah, I know I can be a bit of a hypochondriac. I don't think there is/was anything seriously wrong with me. Most of the things that bothered me before are gone. So obliviously they weren't just in my head. I think its everyone's right though, when they don't feel well, to be listened too and believed. At least a bit of empathy ya know?

Yeah, so, this blog had no beginning. No real end either. But it was one of the topics I had started writing on a few days ago. I forget why. Thought I would use this instead of whining tonight. That and my hand got hit today. I believe (no hyperbole) that I may have popped my pinky knuckle out and back. Its all swollen and hurts. My stupid hand has never felt right after I broke it and go figure it doesn't take much to make it hurt again. :( That's what I get for telling fate to 'bring it on'. I'm hoping my challenge didn't effect other people too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where is the ryhme to this poem
He said with a questioning stare
Its not like they taught me back home
The words seem to be cluttered and just there
It is different, its true
The tempo not always even
But as long as the message gets through
I'm not worried about ryhmes that I'm leavin'

( :) Thanks for the thought for the poem today AF. hehe I needed a non-deep topic and you provided. )



No comments:

Post a Comment