Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Different perspectives are good for the soul

Went to go listen to a political journalist tonight. His background is 'on the opposite side of the fence' from my political leanings, but that's OK. I went to hear what he had to say and learn from his experience. On these levels I wasn't disappointed. There were only a few times in which I wanted to roll my eyes at the obvious bias, and that is actually a good thing, because when I heard the format, I was afraid it might be more. I was grateful to be able to go. I never feel comfortable just agreeing with people because that is what I have always done, I fully believe in listening to people on both sides and learning all you can. Take everything with a grain of salt, but learn from it. My 'Libra' side feels a balance after tonight's event. :)

Caroline is thinking about how flippin' tired she is. She stayed up late writing last night (very late) and woke up early for work. Completely stressful day at work, followed by self-inflicted stress added to the exhaustion. She would like to go to sleep now, but it is still before 12, and she knows better. Besides, she needs to think of a way of avoiding the repercussions of telling a friend a little tmi about herself. She could see the wheels working in her friends head and worries about what strange men will be thrown in her direction. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were only six words
Uttered with out a second thought by the speaker
Yet they echoed through the mind
Of who it was aimed at
Six words to hold such power
For such a long time
To dash dreams and friendships so casually
Without even realizing




No comments:

Post a Comment