Monday, April 6, 2009

Yeah for weekends and friends

This weekend was full. Ok, not really, but it felt like it was. Started off with a friend coming into town and just hanging out and talking with her for a few hours. Its so rare in our lives that we get to do that. My kid, her kid, jobs, life in general. It was nice to just chill out with her and talk. Sadly, it was only possible because she lost her job the week before. However, we overcame most of that melancholy with laughter.

Afterward we went to meet up with some friends who were celebrating a life change. I am very excited for them. I have always admired people who have the strength of character to do what is right for them and follow their dreams/feelings. I know that I too often let myself settle in a job long past the time that I should escape. The fear of the unknown and being by myself stop me too often. I wish them nothing but luck, and I know they will do well. :)

Saturday I got to sleep in...which made me happy to begin with. lol After doing the regular cleaning duties of a single person (boo to all chores!! lol) I headed off to have dinner with some friends to celebrate one of my best friend's birthday. New place, but totally worth it. Food was very filling. There were plenty of people there...which made it hard for the talking to everyone. I always get nervous when there is a big group and 1) not everyone knows each other & 2) its not easy to talk to everyone because of how a table is set up. I get even more nervous when I am one of the few people there who knows everyone else. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much, but I do. I'm a worrier. Didn't you know that already? lol

We followed dinner by going over to Dave and Busters. Its an arcade for adults...although this one lets too many kids in there all the time. Very annoying. Anyway, going there brought back the fact that my wallet is gone because my D&B card was in it. :( So I got a new one. I played the shooting games (because they are fun!) but a mixture between the overcrowded walkways and noise and lights, I had to call it early. Well, as early as I could. I didn't even use up all the coins on my card.

There had been talk of meeting at my house after to drink and hang out, but everyone seemed very tired. Which was ok...well, truthfully a bit annoying because this was the SECOND weekend in a row I prepared my house for two of my friends and AGAIN they called off at the last minute. Now, my house is normally clean, but I do the extras when I know people are coming, and damn it, I wasted Saturday time doing that. grrrr. The ok part of it was that it was gorgeous outside. Totally clear night for star gazing. When I first started it wasn't too cold either. Some friends called up to join and I welcomed the company, kept me from dwelling on stupid things. lol

Sunday I slept LATE. LATE LATE LATE. I loved it!!! :) So rare that I can anymore. lol It was so great that I was able to really make some headway in my book. Sharpness of thought was there and it led to a bit more creativity and realizing some awkward turns of phrase I had planned on using. I sent what I had to someone to read over. If she can get the general feel and direction, I will be happy. I know there needs to be some editing, but I am more concerned with flow at the moment. I hate choppy books, and I don't want to write one.

Caroline is thinking that, innocent questions are sometimes the hardest to answer. A friend asked her one of those this weekend. "When was the last time it made you happy." Normally this is her way of talking to a friend who is having troubles with someone/thing. "If it makes you more happy then it does sad, fine, if not, you really need to leave it alone." Who knew her friend would throw it back at her. Truthfully, Caroline thought that she had the answer to the question. Even though it was a bit farther back than she would have liked, it was there...until her friend pointed out that the happiness was shortlived and tarnished. Now Caroline is really trying to remember the last time it made her happy and it wasn't tarnished soon afterwards. This saddens her greatly, because it means she is making herself more miserable then she needs too. She thought she was happy, until she realized she wasn't. It wasn't the question that made her unhappy either. Weird. Stupid innocent questions!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For a moment I could see the world as you do
I could see how easy it can be to change
How nothing seems stationary or true
I could see the fluidity of the world through your eyes
The world which seems so full of color changed to shades of black and white
I could see why you are able to think as you do
Emotions trivial aspects of bigger pictures
I could see simplicity in all choices
How free the world was to tethers
....But only for a moment

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for writing! Oh, and I know the pains and issues of the first draft, universally known as "the shitty first draft" the bane of existence for writers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete