Sunday, April 12, 2009

That this week might make me sore

So I've been trying to get back into my groove/rotation of workouts since I was sick. (Yeah, I realize its been a while now.) I've managed to get the gym in there, and honestly that's the easy part. I have always enjoyed lifting weights....and using the elliptical or bikes there is easy to do for 20 or so because there are no distractions. However, to make this whole 'healthy' living work, I also do yoga and Pilate's. No aerobics...well not really anyway. (The other two are better for my stress levels and with my asthma a lot less annoying.)

Well, for some reason, I can't seem to get back into the swing of rotating yoga and Pilate's into my schedule. I think I have done some basic yoga moves every couple days..but I can tell I haven't been doing them enough. My hamstrings are not happy stretchers, and they seem to have snapped back so I am already starting at scratch on them.

I am really going to make the effort to get them going again. I may even make a schedule...but we'll see how that goes. If I do get it going though, I already know that I'll be sore. When I restart, I don't like to half-ass things, so those muscles I've been neglecting will let me know. Can't wait. lol

Caroline's been thinking that she forgot she wanted to be a nun years ago. For obvious reasons (that being a kid) she is not. (That and she likes to sleep in. A lot... and masses are almost always early in the morning...) Ok, there are some other reasons too. But as she was sitting in church Saturday, she realized she missed some of it. She enjoyed explaining certain rituals and readings to her son during Mass. She can't do anything about it for at least 8 years now anyway, so who knows. Maybe that was her calling all along? lol or not. Would be interesting to look into. And then all her friends could say (all her MANY MANY MANY non-Catholic/non-religious friends) that they know a nun! lol
(There would also be that added bonus of not having to deal with dating morons and the like, but....lol Damn I am good at avoidance!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sideways falling
Invisible until it strikes
Cold and stinging and unavoidable
Spread out over time
Like a guard keeping us in
Giving false hope
With false endings
Yet still serves as
A great equalizer
For everyone looks,
Regardless of what's inside,
Like they feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. a) I didn't know you where Catholic at all and b) is the dating scene really that bad that you would think being a nun was a practical alternative?

    ReplyDelete