Tuesday, April 21, 2009

That my playlist often fits my life...this is a good/bad thing

I often think of my life in music. I think subconsciously, I look for it when I listen to music. Not always, but I find myself thinking over a well turned verse more often then not. Today was an odd day for music. Not that I don't listen to a wide variety anyway, but just they all sort of made a weird play list that sounded so much like the journey of my life. Granted, lots of them also had nothing to do with my life as well. lol

I tried to jot down as many of them as I could, because, well, I found it interesting. If you want to hear some of the song, the title is a link. woo hoo (Took FOREVER...partically because I ended up listening to them all again. lol)

Lord I Hope this Day is Good ~ Don Williams
Karma Police ~ Radiohead
Smile Like You Mean It ~ The Killers
Cologne ~ Ben Folds
Trick is to Keep Breathing ~Garbage
Chasing Cars ~ Snow Patrol
Shut Up & Let Me Go ~ The Ting Tings
Eight Easy Steps ~ Alanis Morissette
Suddenly I See ~ KT Tunstall
Fool ~Shakira
Pretender ~ Foo Fighters
Better ~ Regina Spektor
Fidelity ~ Regina Spektor
You Don't Know Me ~ Ben Folds
Boys with Girlfriends ~ Meiko
Candy w/ the Pork & Beans ~ Weezer
First Taste ~ Fiona Apple
In Other Words ~ Ben Kweller
Autumn Fallin' ~ Jaymay
Walking On Sunshine ~ Katrina & the Waves
I Think I'll Disappear Now ~ Crash Test Dummies

Hmm, yeah, that's a good chunk of them. I could keep adding, but...that's probably more than enough. Some of my favorite songs aren't on here even, but again, I can't add all the songs I hear in a day. Ugh. ...as my co-workers found, I am MUCH calmer with music playing. :)

So far my schedule is going well. Its odd to me how that is actually working. I hate schedules like that. lol Hope everyone else's is going well...or that some of you have made one like you were thinking about doing. :p
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Such a delicate line to walk
Never sure which step will bring you down
Never enough space on either side
To allow for deep, calm breaths of assurance
Not quite sure what is on the other end
Or what is down below
But the swirling sides keep you onward

No comments:

Post a Comment