Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bowling is a fickle friend

I love bowling, I really do, but it is such a fickle friend. I've been bowling for years. Yup, I am one of those kids that woke up early on Saturday to go bowl on a youth league. I loved it. I loved winning more. When I went to college I joined the university's team and bowled with them on the collegiate circuit for four years.
Then I stopped for a couple years. I became sick of it. I was tired of one game being perfect, and the next, after your lane conditions broke down, barely breaking your average. I couldn't give it up forever though, so I've been bowling with some women for a few years now on a women's league. I often referr to this league as the 'old bitties'. If it weren't for my teammates, I wouldn't bowl with these women., but bah, over all I enjoy it. lol
hmmm, random tanget writing tonight...I may just go with it. lol Bare with me. :)
Last night I thought after the first frame it would be a horrible game...but I ended up bowling a 212, which is pretty good. I was really happy about it. Then my track (this is where I had been laying the ball the first game and where it rolled to find the pocket (that is the ideal spot for a stricke)) started breaking down and I consistantly left at least one pin everytime. SOOOO frustrating. But I still managed to break my average.
The last game. Ugh, it was like a different night. I couldn't pick up any spares, and maybe one strike. Didn't hit my average at all. Very disappointing. But that is bowling. Its what one should expect. lol
I tried to write a poem there about bowling...but I think it's pretty bad. lol Maybe I'll share it anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Searching for emotion, in an emotionless situation
Can anything really be void?
Ah, a smile....a grimace...
The emotion is there in the people
Not what one expects...
(lol told you it wasn't great!)


The poems of yesterday
Tell the story of what lead to today
The heartache, the joy, the love, the hate
Hopes of happiness to come
Realizations come too late
Fears of dreams that won't be achieved
Feelings that seemed so real and true
And believed that they would never fade
or be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment