Friday, January 2, 2009

The straw has already broken the back of that camel

Last Saturday I found some news out about my job. Long and short of it, I find it very insulting to me and what I do there. Its been hard to want to go in and do a good job. Ok, not really, because I like doing a good job, and even when I try not to care about what's going on I do, but that is hardly the point. The point is I WANT to not work hard and do a good job at the moment. After finding out the news, it felt like a fire had been set on the bridge and I needed to get moving to the other side before I get trapped.

So I settled down with some tea and made a list of all the things I am good at, or at least enjoy doing. Why a list? Because, I can't decide what I want to do. I am already working on one possible paid profession that I do enjoy, but until I get published, it does no good for the bills. lol My list fills an entire page (everyone's should I guess), but there is no real coherence. What occupation needs someone who enjoys sleeping AND Russian Folklore? lol

In writing my list I was pretty thoughtful of things that I used to do or was interested in. A few of those would help me in looking, but does require me to brush up on some studies..or start studying fresh. I enjoy learning though, so this really isn't a problem. Its the knowing where to start. I think I may have some friends that can help me in some of these areas though.

One friend seems to think, after I listed off some, that I should create songs and music that teaches politcs to children. :) lol I think I should work on that...and maybe make some advanced ones for adults.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My ultimate plan is to eventually move all my writing to another blog...I think. For now, however, I am going to leave it on here. I used to write poetry every day, and then it became fewer and farther between for the inspiration. I think it will be easier..and start to sound better, if I try to write one everyday. I hope this doesn't make them sound forced.

The wind immediatly stirred the loose ends of my hair
The once contained lengths covering my eyes and mouth
The cool air was tinged with the smell of the fresh rain
A deep breath through my nose filled my lungs with the energy of the exiting storm
Closing my eyes I could feel the light and shadows from the passing clouds
The warmth and chill so oddly relaxing
The trees were still swaying with the wind creating a simple rhythm
These moments never seem to last long enough

2 comments:

  1. As an unpublished writer myself and someone who struggles a little bit each day trying to figure out what I want to be (or more accurately how to get paid for it) I know where you're coming from. I also know the irritant of working hard at a job or task that really shouldn't matter, but it just does. Darn work ethics!

    I'm very excited to be able to read your work. I, myself, am abysmal at poetry so it's always a joy to read poetry that isn't horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Yes, work ethics will get you every time dang it! I'm pretty excited to talk to someone else about writing. When its just me and the book the road seems..not easy, but possible. Its when all the specifics get thrown it I think the 'ah' factor comes to play for me. lol

    I can't promise that my poetry won't be abysmal too, but its an attempt. One or two are bound to be good. :)

    ReplyDelete