Saturday, January 10, 2009

The thing about chili...

..is that its good. Especially on days that are sorta cold and cloudy. It is also best shared with friends. I have always enjoyed cooking for friends. There is some amount of excitment and anxiety when creating a meal for others...others being non-relatives. Knocking on wood, I don't think I have ever served a meal that was...un-edible? lol I kind of want to keep it that way too. Today I made chili for some friends, and possibly enough for the rest of my family for tomorrow. Each time I make it, I make it a bit differently. It all depends on my mood and what I want the chili to look like. lol Yes, aestetics count. One can't always follow a reciepe, and for chili I rarely do. Thankfully, people can eat it still. lol

Between working, watching KU lose, naping and my friends, I almost didn't write the daily poem. I did however, and geeze if I don't think it sounds somewhat corny. But eh, that was what the point of this goal was anyway, to learn from what I have done. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends and food and laughter
The joys of being with those we enjoy
The coming together and sharing
The surprising of others with favorite goodies
Can not be compaired to anything in the world
Being accepted by our friends
Brings happiness
And feelings to be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment