Thursday, January 1, 2009

The goals are the beginning



Years ago I started a blog, and then for reasons unknow, I stopped. Open, public honesty sometimes can make a person stop being so honest. Blogs have that tendency to make you rethink everything. To take stock of what you are feeling and then that nervousness of knowing others will soon know what you are feeling too. Of course, in that, there is a freedom in sharing. For that reason, I am moving past my semi-private blog that I have on another website, and going public again. This was one of my goals for 2009. Not resolution. Goal.


So today I created it. I flipped on what the content would be more than once, but see no reason at the present to create two more blogs. So this will vary between the randomness and "I can't make this sh*t up" of my life and my writing.


I sat down on Sunday and made a list of goals for this year. 2008 was not a pleasant year for me for many reasons, so my desire to make it better is assured. These are things to make my life better. To help me find my center. To help me move past the bad. To try something new. lol And to stop procrastinating.


The best goal I have is "enjoy life!" I totally plan to do that..if only I won't stop myself first!





Creative time:


Like an unwelcome friend
It comes to me again and again.
Just when I believe it's been shaken
There it is, to cloud and muggle up my day
Confusion perches to the outside
Accepting any way into my life
Not allowing me the peace I so desire
And deserve.


Understanding and admitting aren't always the same
Understanding and admitting doesn't mean acceptance
Understanding why someone is how are they are
Makes that reality no different
Admitting to yourself what you feel and what you need to do
Makes the act no easier to complete
Acceptance can be the cruelest and longest road
A soul has to travel
And it can only be travled alone.



"Just enjoy the tea!" She screamed in her head
As the thoughts of the day swirled and settled
In her mind like the leaves in the hot liquid
The soothing liquie hitting her lips only brought
More jumbled thoughts and regrets
She longed for her mind to be silent and empty
Like the cup before her

No comments:

Post a Comment