Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New hopes

I have been without a job for over 2 months now. Last week that hit me hard. Harder then I would like.
Today I had an interview. It was a long one. Most importantly, it was at a location in which I think I could actually be happy. My normal train of thought in areas like this is to not get too hopeful. That way, when the rejection comes, it won't hurt so much. Its not the best way to look at things, but its what I have been trained to do. Like Pavlov's dogs, I learn. But I am hoping this time. I can see this. If I don't get this, it will probably suck. When I walked into it today I thought the job wouldn't be all that much, that it wouldn't matter that much if I didn't get it, that the job was something I could do, but not something I would be 'proud' of, but after hearing more about it, I am excited at the prospect. I want this. I'm going to hope for it.

Hope may be a theme this week. I have started a few blogs regarding the subject of hope. Personal, professional, spiritual. Hope has many angles, some heal, some bruise.

For today, I am going with uplifting hope. I think I've earned it.




1 comment: