Monday, November 23, 2009

The good things for us are always the hardest

For over a year now, despite a week or so there, I have been pretty consistant in working out. Out of all the things I am not consistant about, working out, oddly enough, is not one of them. I love physical activity, and where as I may take breaks here and there, I always get back to it. The end of September and all of October were not such good months on the working out.

I beat myself up over it weekly. "Oh no, another week has gone by and I haven't done anything. I need to go work out or the next time is going to suck." I said this a lot. I think I worked out maybe once or twice. I gave myself a hard time because I like working out and I felt that all progress I had gained back, was now gone. Ya know, slippery slope kind of stuff.

Then people starting saying nice things like "oh, you are looking really good! You look like you've lost some weight." Random people I didn't expect to hear it from. My brother! All so weird. And then I would feel guilty because I worked so hard and I was just losing all my tone. boo

I've been much better this month. I haven't posted all my workouts like I used to (will be doing so this week) but I have been getting on at least a three a week cycle. A bit less then what I was before, but its a start. Besides, convincing myself I want to go so I can feel that burn the next day is not as easy. What is easy is sitting at my computer or talking with friends. That is easy. lol But that is the way of the world, those things that really are the best for us, take the most convincing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh they say

Oh they say so many things
And tell of things to do
Of what will happen if you wait
And what will pass if you sit on the sides
Oh they say so many things
And tell of things to do
Of what will happen if you act too quickly
And all the things you miss if you don't pay attention
Oh they say so many things
And tell of things to do
But you can never be sure what is right
Because for you anything can still be true







No comments:

Post a Comment