Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spiders are weird

So I have already shared my theory on spiders and what happens if I see them in my house. I think I did neglect to say that if they are somewhere that NO bug should be, the deal is off and they die.

Saturday when I woke up I decided to make bacon and eggs for me and the boy. Got everything ready and decided to use the back burner for the bacon while I worked on the eggs. Well, apparently I don't use my tea kettle nearly enough because when I moved it a spider was there. And yes, it was a Brown Recluse. An honest to God Brown Recluse. Anyway, so I yell to my son to grab me something to kill it (because I don't want to let it out of my sight). He brings me something, but it wasn't the right size because when I went in for the kill it got a way...multiple times. I saw it scurry behind my microwave.

"Shit!!" I moved the microwave around a bit, but didn't want to actually be holding the microwave when the spider charged me, so I went back to cooking, believing the spider had learned a VERY valuable lesson and would thus leave the kitchen.

I went about my business, cut up some onion, green peppers and red peppers. Put them in the skillet to saute them before I mixed them with the egg. All is well, the smell of the peppers cooking starts to waft up, and then I look over at the bacon. The flipping spider was staring back!!

Maybe the spider liked bacon, I don't know, but there it was. Just at the edge of the stove, watching all that was going on! Totally freaked me out. I moved back and forth, and there it sat. I finally just grabbed something small and went in for the kill. I guess it was too mesmerized by the bacon smell, because it didn't move at all. It didn't try to get away when I moved the large skillet out of my way. It just let me kill it.

So weird all the way around. Damn things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full Canvas

So many ideas fill all that is there
So many images flood the area
All the fringes of the mind
All scrambling for center stage
So much to be done
So much to be said
That before it is even begun
That before there is a chance to see
The canvas is already full
But the canvas can never be started





No comments:

Post a Comment