Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why be an expert..

There is a sad thing I have noticed. Something I myself am guilty of. Distrust anyone that says they are an expert at something. Or if they are trained in that area. So often when we ask for advice, we weigh it against what we think the other person is trying to sell us. I get this too often at my job. Honestly people, I just want you to see well and like your glasses. That mechanic, he just wants your car to run right. Ok, well, not always. There are people out there just looking to sell you something, but really, if we listened to the basic advice, we might see that no one is selling us anything, they just want to help.

...um, this is also my 'weak' blog. There may be more this month, but I admit this is one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like a Drug

Slowly the feelings drift away
Almost like a distant memory
Thoughts and emotions made up
So very long ago
The dream state takes over
Its no longer relevant to life
To the everyday
To how everything functions
It takes but a day
That takes all that away
Cutting it all fresh
There in front to face





2 comments:

  1. Even though you think this is a weak blog, I like it. I don't think a lot of people realize it when they don't trust someone's opinion. Every day people come into the pharmacy and ask us for help. When we tell them what we recommend, they go and grab something else that's completely different.

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you ask someone who is supposedly an expert in their field for advice, DON'T ignore it! That has to be one of the most frustrating things about my job.

    But I must say that I am also guilty of it occasionally. I've gotta work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)
    Yeah, that's what I mean. We ask for help and then think, well they are just saying that because they want my money, surely I don't need that medicine when this bandaid will cure me. Ugh. I can't imagine your frustration with this.

    ReplyDelete