Sunday, November 8, 2009

I had forgotten

For reasons here and there. Reasons known and ignored. For months now. I haven't really been able to focus on my book. I've looked at it. I've talked about it. I think I wrote a few pages a month or so ago. However, for, well, almost half a year, I have been in stasis with it. I have told myself I was going to work on it. I may have even lied and said I was going to work on it. Mainly however, I just stared at it. Looked over what I already had. Did nothing.

I think a combination of things have finally unlocked though. Acceptance of some, passage of others,
stronger will, and just some actual time away from work. I also can not diminish the support of some friends who won't let me forget my goal..and some that have challenged me (you know I can't leave a challenge alone! lol).

Today I told myself I was going to write. I tried the whole 'lets do something else instead'. However, the laundry was already done. The house was clean. I had nothing that needed my attention. Friends that had made plans for me originally (which honestly I was probably going to use as an excuse to not get too focused) got changed. So today, I wrote.

I have been writing all day. I've even figured out a spot or two that has been bugging me that I have been blaming my hold up on.

Its nice in a way that I can't describe to you. Knowing that all these people I have can finally get moving on with their lives. They are no longer just sitting there wanting to be on paper, they are able to be out and be shared and live. I did something that I love all day long. This makes me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise

The subtle warmth of your hand
The energy your soul produces
Eyes that I have seen countless times
Lips that have touched mine
Making movements to words
Seen many times before
A story I have heard before
The turn of a head
A stance so unlike any other's
All still bring butterflies
Still shock my heart
Bring my breath to a standstill
After all the time of familiarity
Your presence still surprises me



1 comment:

  1. *hugs* I'm so flipping proud of you. As a practitioner of the "do something else" model of avoiding writing and/or editing - it's always awesome to see (or feel) when you push past it and produce - and magically, you did have the answer. It's nuts and awesome! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete