Friday, November 27, 2009

That today was a good one

Part of me wants to have a nice simple weekend. I have four days off work, I want to enjoy them. Part of me wants to do as much as I can that doesn't involve work, but involves time with friends and family as much as I can. These two things don' necessarily work together...and so far I have been more busy then I have relaxed. I'm not really complaining though.

I went to sleep early last night. I think I woke up around 3 like usual when I go to sleep early, but forced myself to just lay there and close my eyes. When I woke up around 8:30, I woke with a horrid migraine. Thankfully I didn't have to work so took some Excedrin and went back to bed.

Around mid morning I got up, felt better and headed over to a friend's house that was hosting a brunch. The boy was invited too. It was a nice afternoon. The boy had other kids to play with and I had other adults to talk too. Granted, I was the normal, stand sort of to the side and smile nicely for the first hour or so. Yes, friends that know me, I am shy and I am not as much of an extrovert as you take me form. Anyway, as the morning/afternoon went on I became more comfortable with these people I had never met. (I only knew the hostess really.) Other then a few times where politics were brought up and the bashing of conservatives came in, it was all very enlightening and interesting. Talks of food, computer science around the world, local politics, government issues, softball. lol :)

After this I headed over to another friends house where I got to play Battlestar Galacticafor the first time (and second). Its a somewhat complicated game with a great deal of strategy...the kind I like. lol Although the first game I felt like a fish out of water and I don't think I was able to help my other human players all the much. The second game where I was a secret cylon was much smoother....and craftier. :)

Ended the day with some easy going movie watching. Watched Star Trek for the 4/5 time. :) Always good....and this time it was in the comfort of a home, so I could comment on the weird things that I saw. lol Love the movie overall though!!

So, I have 3 min to finish this up, and I want to make it on time. I also confiscated my friends laptop so I could complete it. Which means, that is all for now. Hope you all had good shopping experiences today...if you went. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another freebie tonight. Somehow I left my moleskine at home!! I don't have my poem today and I can't think of one this fast. I'll add it later.







No comments:

Post a Comment