Saturday, November 28, 2009

Some nightmares stay with you too long

A few days I had a nightmare. To most people it sounds ludicris, but it was a nightmare to me. I don't remember lots of it, but I remember being terrified and being forced to make choices. The whole time I was being forced to make choices the devil (no, he had no face or form, it was just 'there') was laughing and trying to make me fall and thus get my soul. I started praying in my dream. This worked a bit and the power of the dream subsided enough that I realized I was dreaming...but not enough to wake up all the way. I forced myself (real self) to start praying outloud. I woke up praying to God. I had to keep praying for a few minutes after to get my heartbeat back and control of my body. (I was able to open my eyes, but I couldn't move anything other then my mouth, and the words were being croked out.)

Obviously this whole thing bothers me, because I can still remember it vividly. Crappy thing is, this isn't the first time I've had a nightmare where I forced myself awake by praying. I guess on the whole, it makes sense, a natural reaction to fear? But otherwise it freaks me out. Having those sorts of 'dreams' messes with me for weeks. Things feel off and I don't sleep well. I'm gratefull I know how to pray though, because if I didn't...I don't know how I would ever be able to sleep again...or wake up from those nightmares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Natural Way of Things

So carefully it all gets planned
The natural way of things
No mistakes are ever made
Just changes in the way it should be
Best made plans are laid to waste
Things are never as they appear
Yet so carefully it all gets planned
Oh, the natural way of things






1 comment:

  1. Eek! That's pretty creepy. I'm glad you found your way out of it. One of my friends has dreams like that all the time where he's "awake" but not really awake. I don't know if he has ever dreamed about the devil, but his dreams always sound really creepy.

    ReplyDelete