Thursday, November 5, 2009

That I need to have people over regularly, if only to keep my house clean

I'm not a 'messy' person mind you. I do have my OCD things. However, I let the little things slide. I am fully aware of this problem. I want to do it, but when I have no 'reason' to do it, I find I don't have time to do it.

For years I had a weekly/biweekly game night at my house. Generally very simple gathering of friends. Once in a while there might be food too. The important thing here is that I had a regular schedule you might say to cleaning my house. I would make sure things were straightened and put away, that everything got dusted. Having different people over and playing different games also inspired me to move the furniture around a lot more.

This year I haven't really had that many game nights. Think a few here and there, but not like I used to. I also see that I am letting the little things slide..and build. I didn't realize how much I looked forward to having that reason to deep clean or find homes for things. Hmm, maybe look forward isn't the phrase I am looking for, maybe we should leave it at needed. lol

I'm going to try it this weekend. I may fail horribly, but ya know, some games are best played with small numbers. Think it will help me get things done tomorrow though, so that's the plan. lol woot!

Well, its been a pretty exhausting day. I didn't really want to talk about the funeral and everything today. I really just want to sleep. I'm also hoping tomorrow gives me something to focus on and good friends to help me laugh. So I will end again with no poem. At least not one fully composed, so, yeah, you aren't getting one.

Hope all of your weeks are going better then mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment