Friday, November 20, 2009

I expected a cheesy movie...I got insanity on film

Almost missed my deadline tonight. I am still actually at a friend's house, so this will be quick.

Tonight I watched G.I.Joe the movie. I totally expected it to be stupid. It is a remake of a CARTOON I get that. I don't have high expectations for it or the plot or the dialog. Honestly I didn't. I was prepared to laugh at the stupidness and what not. OMG what did they do to the cartoon that I loved as a kid?

The graphic violence shocked me throughout. There is killing...and then there is killing that I would have expected to see in Saw, I saw the latter. I was not happy with that. I have issues with that kind of random violence. But fine, it was a 'summer blockbuster guy movie' I can except it.

The one or two inconceivable things in the beginning that happened were, well, funny actually, but then...it just got worse. Totally stupid and then it started going away from the heart of the cartoon. Yeah, I was expecting some of it to be related. I don't know how you can have the G.I.Joe real American hero, if you have a group of foreign soldiers. Not that you can't do that, but it made no sense. Also took away from the fact that they were all just 'good ol boys and girls doing their best'. I found it more than laughable that the guys would have a small cut on their face through the whole movie, no matter how much time passed, but Scarlet gets beat down and choked, and those marks are gone by the end of the day. Really? Ugh.

Don't even get me started on how they escaped through an elevator to the top..ya know, the top that had just been ignited and was falling down in the water! lol

I'm not mad, I am just disappointed that everyone was right. The movie was really bad. Really really bad. There really were some opportunities for it to turn out good, but seems like no one wanted to take it down that road. Grrr

Oh, and Scarlet is supposed to end up with Duke. That's the way that works. Its my little girl memory and fantasy. They ruined that. Damn them all to hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Like a Drug

After days of misery and wondering
I awake to a normal sun
My mind is again my own
My days are all my own to fill
Than a word or two as a teaser
Leaves me wanting more
A conversation, than a long breather
And my heart starts staring at the door
Just a simple meeting, it will make it go away
But it just makes it all stronger
And I only want you to stay
Than quickly back to nothing
You back away again
And I start the withdrawal process
Until the next time than.








No comments:

Post a Comment