Thursday, November 26, 2009

I may avoid things because I stress them so much

By all 'technical' standards, I am late on this one. If I was living on the West coast, I would be golden still though. However, I did write most of this one earlier today so, I think its still valid for Wednesday.

My days are never like they are supposed to be. I didn't have to work today, but I need the hours so I was going to go in anyway....but when I wanted to. Things seemed to run smoothly. I got some things done...and then they didn't run so smoothly. It went from productive to nothing quick. That happens when your server decides it doesn't want you to be able to work on your computer. This was actually a good thing to happen, because that meant I was forced to go home.

Sunday I was told Thanksgiving would be at my house. Sunday. UGH! Not that I would say no, I am honestly somewhat excited at the prospect. However, this involves shopping and cleaning and planning and cooking...and more cleaning. I worked all day Monday & Tuesday. I got some shopping done Tuesday. But I was going to clean Wednesday. This is why I went to work all day instead. So when I got home I think I went into complete freak out mode. Cooking and cleaning all the same time. WOO HOO. I am now stressing about food. And room. And food. And plates. And everything. I know it will be fine but. ahhh!!!!

Granted, this could also be because every year I write a blog on Thanksgiving about all I am grateful for and my hopes for the next year. Every year I also look back at my old blogs to see where I am. How have things changed. What else am I grateful for, what was I grateful for. This year is no different. I looked last year's up today.

Its such a different place where I was last year at this time then where I am now. Against my best wishes, it did make me cry. I'm sure everything works out the way its supposed to. Things are the way they are. I am still so grateful for everything I've got. I'll still write my post like I do every Thanksgiving. I'll still share all the things I am thankful for. Unfortunately, I made it somewhat bittersweet. I really hate it when the past comes up to bite you in the ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Restaurant Dilemma

I'm eating alone again
I'm the only one sitting here alone
My book on the table
My pen in my hand
Does not disguise that
The booth opposite of me
Only holds my feet
And not someone to share my meal








No comments:

Post a Comment